Part-time Teacher of Music
We are seeking to appoint a part-time (0.8 FTE = 4 full days) Teacher of Music from 6th April 2021 for our strong and successful Senior Phase to teach Music to Key Stage 3, GCSE and possibly A level.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Actively encourage the promotion of Music throughout the school
- Advise and assist in delivering a dynamic and varied extra-curricular music programme that highlights our most talented pupils and students whilst also providing performance opportunities for all
- To be responsible for a specific area of the provision of extended learning and music activities including regular groups and practices
- To have sufficient piano skills to be able to accompany pupils and students
- To contribute to the planning and organisation of concerts, services and creative days
- To be willing to participate and assist with school visits
- To undertake other reasonable responsibilities associated with this post
QEGS has a pay scale above CPS and remuneration will be set according to qualifications and experience. All teachers are members of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
Applicants must have a good, relevant degree and have a PGCE.
Please click here to download a job description for this role and click the link below to download an application form. QEGS application forms sent directly to School should include a covering letter, of no more than 2 A4 sides in Arial point 11, and CV, together with names, postal and e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of two referees and must be submitted to the Head, Mrs CY Gammon via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post.
Applications should be received by no later than noon on Monday 18th January 2021 with interviews to take place in the following week via Zoom.